The Posts Screen manages blog posts on a UXi® site. Via this Screen, Posts can be edited, deleted, and viewed. Filtering, and searching, also makes it easy to quickly find Posts matching certain criteria.
Bulk-edit posts by clicking the select boxes in the left column, then selecting Edit > Apply from the menu near the top. Several powerful features allow Posts to be edited in bulk allowing fields such as Author, Tags, Categories, and Publish Status to be changed for a whole batch of Posts.
Publishing A New Post
To get started, hover over the post icon and click Add New
- First, enter a post title. This post title will automatically generate the post slug, but that can be modified at any point by clicking Edit next to the slug's display.
- Next, enter content in the post's WYSIWYG editor. Click here for full documentation on WYSIWYG editing features.
- If needed, select a new layout for the post to display with.
- Enter custom meta information for UXi® SEO.
- General: Enter a customized post title and description
- Search Engines: Enter a conversion code if there is a marketing campaign sending users to this page
- Social: Upload / select an image to use if the post is shared on Facebook or Twitter.
- Advanced: If needed, set custom index / follow settings.
- Select at least one category to publish the post in.
- Repeat that process with tags.
- Add a featured image to the post.
- When you are ready, click Publish.
There are more editing fields available to you than you see on first login. The Screen Options area allows you to choose which Post Fields are displayed or hidden from your editing area, which allows you to minimize clutter and customize according to your needs.
You'll find the Screen Options tab at the very top of your screen, and if you click on it, you'll see a list of available editing boxes that you can use. Check the box for each Post Field you want displayed, or uncheck the box to hide that module. Click the Screen Options tab again to close the tab.
Visual Versus Text Editor
When writing your post, you have the option of using the Visual or Text mode of the editor. UXi® is built for design-minded users to create amazing content. While there is always the need for an option to view the code powering the content,
It is strongly recommended to use the visual mode for editing content.
Visual Edit Mode
The visual mode contains UXi®'s WYSIWYG editor, packed with lots of custom tools and formats. Click the links below to learn how to make your content beautiful!
Using the WYSIWYG Editor: Add headlines, images, lists, custom styles: no code needed. Learn More»
Custom Shortcodes: Embed videos, custom buttons, and add company info. Learn More»
Page Content Columns: Add custom layouts to the content with responsive columns or fluid text. Learn More»
Custom Formats: Add custom font styles, fine-tune text alignments, image placement, or mobile displays. Learn More»
Tables: If you've got data to show; use the built-in table editor to make them awesome! Learn More»
Text Edit Mode
The Text mode shows you the code and replaces the WYSIWYG editor buttons with quicktags. This should only be used by those who are familiar with HTML and CSS. Editing the code here incorrectly can not only cause issues displaying the content correctly, but break other features of the site.
These quicktags are explained as follows:b : <strong></strong> HTML tag for strong emphasis of text (i.e. bold).
monospaced font, such as Courier.