The Emma Add-On Add-On allows you to quickly integrate UXi's Forms with Emma Email Marketing. This will allow UXi sites to send the user's form submission to Emma and add them as a new contact in a mailing list.
To prepare, first login to the UXi® site and the Emma account at https://myemma.com/login.
Step 1: Activate the add-on and connect UXi® to Emma.
To start, activate the Gravity Forms Emma add-on by navigating to the add-ons page and clicking Add.
Connect the UXi® site to the Emma account. The API key can be found on the Emma dashboard.
Your Emma API account information can be found by logging into your Emma account, go to your Account Settings page and access your API key information. Please be aware that the Private API Key will only be displayed the first time it is generated by Emma, so be sure to copy-n-paste the Private API Key as soon as it is displayed.
- Enter the Account ID
- Paste the Public API Key
- Paste the Private API Key
Step 3: Set up Emma Feeds
Your Emma Feeds allow you to integrate a form with your Emma account to feed user information in real time when a form is submitted. This allows you to automatically add subscribers to your Emma Group when a form is submitted.
Navigate to the Forms page and hover over the form, click Emma from the Settings dropdown menu.
- Edit the Form you would like to integrate with Emma.
- Click on the Emma navigation item under the Form Settings.
- Click on the “Add New” button to add a new Emma Feed.
- Give your Feed a Name. This can be simply “Emma Integration” or something unique to distinguish it from other feeds you may setup for the same form.
- Select the Emma Group you would like to add the subscriber to.
- Select the Email Address field that will be added as a subscriber.
- Map Emma Fields to your available Form Fields. You can also create custom fields that will appear within your Emma admin by selecting Add Custom Field.
- Enable an opt-in condition. The opt-in condition is a conditional statement that requires a check box, radio button or drop down selection to determine if the Emma integration feed should be executed or not.
- Enable Double Opt-In. If enabled, the user will also receive an email from Emma and will need to click on a link within the email to confirm their subscription.
- Click Update Settings
Now that you have setup a Emma feed, when the form you selected is submitted it will automatically send the data you have selected to the Emma Group you have setup to receive data.
Please keep in mind that if you have selected “Double Opt-In” that a subscriber will not be added to your group until they click on the opt-in link in the automated email they receive from Emma. It is recommended that you use both an opt-in condition and double opt-in in order to maintain a mailing list free of spam complaints.