Integrates forms with PayPal Payments Standard, enabling end users to purchase goods and services through Gravity Forms. To prepare, first login to the UXi® site and the PayPal account at https://www.paypal.com/signin.
Step 1: Activate the add-on and connect UXi® to PayPal.
To start, activate the Gravity Forms PayPal Standard Add-On add-on by navigating to the add-ons page and clicking Add.
- From the UXi dashboard, click Forms > Settings > PayPal and copy the URL listed for IPN.
- From the PayPal dashboard, Click Profile > My Selling Tools. Find Instant Payment Notifications in the menu and click Update.
- From that screen, click Edit, set it to Enabled, then paste the Notification URL referenced above and save.
- From the UXi dashboard, click the option to Confirm that you have configured your PayPal account to enable IPN, and click Update Settings
Step 2: Add Pricing Fields to the Form
After installing the Stripe Add-On, the first thing you will need to do is configure your form to work with it. This is done by using the Pricing Fields to configure the purchase selections and the Credit Card field to allow users to enter their credit card information on the form.
- On the form that will make the transaction, add fields for capturing standard payment information.
These are required so for each transaction, there is a full record on the UXi Entries dashboard that can be used to find / manage payments.
- Email with Enable Email Confirmation option enabled.
- Add Product Fields to your form and configure them to suit your needs.
- Add a Credit Card Field from the Pricing Fields toolbox to your form.
- Add a Total Field near the bottom of the form.
Step 3: Set up a feed for each form that will process a payment.
Now that the site is connected to the PayPal account and the form is configured and ready to interact with PayPal, it's time to bring it all together by configuring the form to integrate with PayPal. Just like all of Gravity Forms Add-Ons, this integration is done by creating a feed.
Navigate to the Forms page and hover over the payment form, click PayPal from the Settings dropdown menu.
- Select Add New to add a new PayPal Feed.
- Enter a Name for this PayPal Feed. This is to distinguish between multiple PayPal Feeds in situations where multiple PayPal Feeds may be necessary.
- Select the Stripe Transaction Type. When using the PayPal addons for Gravity Forms, you can set various transaction types depending on your needs such as Products and Services, Subscriptions, and Donations. The most common, Products and Services, is used to sell on-time purchases of physical or digital products.
Transaction type-specific feed options
When configuring your feeds for the PayPal addon, and using the Products and Services transaction type, configuration is quite simple. The only option required for this transaction type is the Payment Amount option. Within this option, simply set it to the form field that you want to total price to be read from.