Authorize.Net is a payment gateway for merchants. Use Gravity Forms to collect payment information and automatically integrate to the Authorize.Net account. If an Authorize.Net account hasn't been created, one can be set-up here: https://www.authorize.net/.
The Authorize.Net add-on for Gravity Forms allows you to quickly and easily implement credit card payments with UXi's forms! With the Authorize.Net Add-On you can capture one time credit card payments or setup recurring payment subscriptions.
To prepare, first login to the UXi® site and the Authorize.Net account at https://account.authorize.net.
Step 1: Activate the add-on and connect UXi® to Authorize.Net.
To start, activate the Gravity Forms Authorize.Net add-on by navigating to the add-ons page and clicking Add.
Connect the UXi® site to the Authorize.net account. The API key can be found on the Authorize.Net dashboard:
- Log into the Merchant Interface at https://account.authorize.net.
- Click Account from the main toolbar.
- Click Settings in the main left-side menu.
- Click API Credentials & Keys.
- Enter your Secret Answer.
- Select New Transaction Key.
Note: When obtaining a new Transaction Key, you may choose to disable the old Transaction Key by clicking the box titled, Disable Old Transaction Key Immediately. You may want to do this if you suspect your previous Transaction Key is being used fraudulently.
- Click Submit to continue. Your new Transaction Key is displayed.
- Back on the UXi dashboard, enter your API Login ID and Transaction Key by navigating to Forms > Settings > Authorize.net.
- If recurring transactions are needed form the form, like a subscription payment, enable Automated Recurring Billing.
Step 2: Add Pricing Fields to the Form
After installing the Authorize.net Add-On, the first thing you will need to do is configure your form to work with it. This is done by using the Pricing Fields to configure the purchase selections and the Credit Card field to allow users to enter their credit card information on the form.
- On the form that will make the transaction, add fields for capturing standard payment information.
These are required so for each transaction, there is a full record on the UXi Entries dashboard that can be used to find / manage payments
- Email with Enable Email Confirmation option enabled.
- Phone Number
- Add Product Fields to your form and configure them to suit your needs.
- Add a Credit Card Field from the Pricing Fields toolbox to your form.
- Add a Total Field near the bottom of the form.
Step 3: Set up a feed for each form that will process a payment.
Now that you have configured the Authorize.net Add-On to work with your Authorize.net account, and you have a form configured and ready to interact with Authorize.net, it's time to bring it all together by configuring the form to integrate with Authorize.net. Just like all of Gravity Forms Add-Ons, this integration is done by creating a feed.
Navigate to the Forms page and hover over the payment form, click Authorize.net from the Settings dropdown menu.
- First, give the new feed a name. Simply place any name you want in this field. It is only used for identification and will not be shown anywhere other than your feed listing.
- Next is the Transaction Type. Most users will select Products and Services, but there is also the Subscription transaction type if you will be taking recurring payments.
- Based on your selection within the Transaction Type drop down, additional settings will be available. This will either be the Products and Services Settings or Subscription Settings. Within both options, you will select the field that contains your form total, but if you have selected the Subscription option, you will also see additional options to control the subscription such as the payment interval, recurring times, setup fee, or a trial period.
- Next, you will need to configure the Billing Information. Here, you will simply map each of the various options to the desired form field that will contain that information.
- If you would like a receipt to be sent from Authorize.Net after purchase, select the checkbox labeled Send Authorize.Net email receipt.
- Just like other Gravity Forms add-ons, the Authorize.Net add-on supports conditional logic which can be enabled using the Enable Conditional Logic checkbox. For more information on conditional logic in Gravity Forms, see our article on conditional logic.
- Within the Authorize.Net add-on, you also have the ability to override your default API credentials from a specific feed by checking the box labeled Override Default Settings. Once checked, you will be presented with additional fields to enter your API credentials.
Step 4: Create / Edit Notifications and Confirmations
Make sure the form is properly set up to show the user to an appropriate confirmation and send any necessary email notifications and/or receipts.
Navigate to the Forms page and click the Settings page
Add a confirmation set. This is most commonly set up as a Thank You page. Be sure the user sees a message thanking them for their purchase.
Add a notification that is sent to the client. It should include the users information and be easily identified as a new purchase.