The MailChimp Add-On Add-On allows you to quickly integrate UXi's Forms with MailChimp Email Marketing. This will allow UXi sites to send the user's form submission to MailChimp and add them as a new contact in a mailing list.
To prepare, first login to the UXi® site and the MailChimp account at https://login.mailchimp.com.
Step 1: Create /copy the MailChimp API key
- From the MailChimp dashboard, click the username form the top right, then Account > Settings.
- Click on Extras, then click on API Keys.
If you have never used MailChimp’s API before, you will need to generate an API key.
- To do so, scroll down the page to the section labeled Your API Keys and click on the Create A Key button.
- The page will then reload and the empty Your API Keys section now be now populated with your new key.
Step 2: Activate the add-on and connect the UXi site to MailChimp
- Activate the Gravity Forms MailChimp Add-On by going to the UXi Add-ons screen and click 'Add' next to the add-on.
- Hover over the forms icon in the left-hand menu and select Settings from the flyout menu.
- From the MailChimp tab, paste the MailChimp API Key and save.
Step 3: Set up a feed for each form that will send entry info to MailChimp
If any of the requested fields have not been created on the form, they'll need to be added before the feed can be created.
- Select the form that you want to be used with MailChimp.
- Hover over Form Settings on the top menu, and click on MailChimp.
- To begin creating a feed, click Add New.
- From the feed settings, first enter a name for your feed within the Name field. This can be anything you want it to be, as long as it is unique.
- Next, select your list that you want to associate this form with by using the MailChimp List dropdown.
- Upon selecting your list, additional fields will be displayed. The first of these is the Map Fields option. Here, you will use the dropdowns to select the corresponding fields used in your MailChimp list.
Conditional logic can also be applied to MailChimp feeds. By using the Opt-In Condition checkbox, you are able to use conditional logic to only subscribe the user if a particular condition is met.
If the Double Opt-In checkbox is selected, MailChimp will send an email to the user to confirm their subscription in the mailing list.
Once all of your changes are made, be sure to click the Update Settings button to save your changes. Your should now be familiar with setting up a feed for the MailChimp add-on and are ready to begin receiving subscribers through your form.