The Web Widget enables you to embed Zendesk Support features in your website or Help Center so your customers can get help without leaving your website or Help Center. Your customers can get quick access to chat with an agent or fill out a contact form to submit a ticket when live chat agents aren't available.
To prepare, first login to the UXi® site and the Zendesk account at https://en.zopim.com/register.
Step 1: Activate the add-on and connect UXi® to Zendesk.
To start, activate the Zendesk add-on by navigating to the add-ons page and clicking Add.
Step 2: Link up the UXi® site to the Zendesk account
Next, enter the Zendesk Chat username and password for the account to use on the UXi® siteby navigating to UXi Settings > Zendesk Chat.
The widget will display on your blog after your account is linked up. All oter set-up is done form the Zendesk dashboard.
Steps 3 - 5 can should completed by the client. Below is a run-down of what options are required, and some others that are optional. All required settings are marked with an *asterisk.
Step 3 : Configure Zendesk Profile
From the Zendesk dashboard, navigate to Settings > Personal. From here, settings will be needed on all of the following tabs:
- *Profile: Enter name and general preferences
- Password: Manage your account password
- *Sound Notifications: Configure sound notificaitons for the chat dashboard
- *Idle Timeout: Configure when to let yo ur status to Away of Invisible
- Email Reports: Upgrade your package to send customized email reports of chat performance.
- Labs: Enable some of the experimental features from Zendesk.
Step 4 : Configure Zendesk Account
From the Zendesk dashboard, navigate to Settings > Account. From here, settings will be needed on all of the following tabs:
- Subscription: This tab includes info about the Zendesk account and what features are available.
- Zendesk Support: Upgrade your package to handle offline messages and build more detailed reports.
- Email Piping: Enter emails to automatically update with chat transcripts.
- Chat Tags: Allow admins to create new tags during chats.
- File Sending: Upgrade your package to receive and send files during a chat.
- Operating Hours: Upgrade your package to add operating hours schedule for your account.
- *Timezone: Select the timezone for your account.
- Security: Upgrade your package to restrict access to to the chat feature.
- Visitor List: Upgrade your package to enable this feature for high visitor traffic.
Step 5: Configure the Zendesk widget Appearance
From the Zendesk dashboard, navigate to Settings > Widget. From here, settings will be needed on all of the following tabs.
- *Appearance: Select colors and layout for the chat widget.
- *Forms: Customize the fields users fill out before their chat.
- *Settings: Sed a default language and configure notification options.
- Widget Security: Include added security options if needed.
When these settings are complete, preview the widget on the site by logging out from the UXi® dashboard, using Incognito, or Private Browsing.
For more information from Zendesk: