UXI (User Experience Intelligence) How-to NAVIGATE
For all of these, please be logged into the back end of the site design using the administrative log in you were provided with.
For direct reference to any of the icons or functionality of anything related to UXi, please visit our support site at http://help.marketing360.com/support/solutions/1000127544 which can also be accessed from your UXi Dashboard - https://madshot.net/918e3028fee7.png
*** Please note the screenshot URLs throughout this tutorial for your reference.
HOW TO ADD A BLOG
1. From the main dashboard (the back end, or ‘Dashboard’ of the site), please click the pin on the left vertical navigation to access your blog. Screenshot: https://madshot.net/f856f4e76e8e.png
2. From the blog page in the back end, you can view or edit past posts and add new ones. Screenshot Reference: https://madshot.net/d3855c47bc22.png
3. To add a new blog, click the Add New button at the top of the blog edit page.
4. The blog is a pretty standard word processor, you’ll have the option to edit text using the editor provided here (the visual editor) in addition to a text editor where you can format this page using HTML.
See screenshot 1: https://madshot.net/6acb6c56c8ef.png
and 2: https://madshot.net/af56fabaf1cf.png
5. Don’t forget to publish or update your blog when you are finished! - https://madshot.net/ffbc528fb2f4.png
HOW TO ADD MEDIA TO THE MEDIA LIBRARY
1. Select the Media library in the navigation to open. Screenshot: https://madshot.net/4a23d2005f13.png
2. Click the Add New button at the top and this will allow you to import one or bulk image(s) from your computer.
3. Once the image is uploaded, you can select it to see the details of the image. The image is hosted at the URL within the library seen here: https://madshot.net/416a33318662.png. Every image on the site will need to be hosted within the Media Library to have a URL associated with it.
4. This will be important if you ever want to add an image to an inner page/page content. More on that below.
5. FYI – Try to compress your images as much as possible. If you are adding a headshot that is 2000 pixels wide at its highest resolution, this can negatively affect your page speed load time and hurt your search engine ranking. You can resize images in Photoshop, Microsoft Paint and even online image compressors such as http://www.imageoptimizer.net/
HOW TO EDIT PAGE CONTENT
1. Pages can be edited by selecting the Pages icon in the vertical left navigation. Screenshot: https://madshot.net/ae5a0748c1f0.png
2. This process is very similar to the Blog editor in the way that you can edit, add or just view past posts. For these steps, reference notes above regarding the Blog.
3. The text and visual editors are also available to you here. Note how you can add images to your pages from the media library.
Reference - https://madshot.net/25cc69eeb0bf.png
Once the image is on the page, you can click onto it to adjust its size and where it appears on the page – https://madshot.net/39ce1edbbf1d.png
4. The few important things to know about editing a page are
- The layout will always start as “Default”. Do not change this. See screenshot: https://madshot.net/eb22c314e6aa.png
- Be aware of the HTML formatting that we have already implemented on the site for you. If you are editing an existing page, I advise editing within the code we wrote while editing in the Text editor. This will ensure that no code is accidentally erased. Here is what I mean: https://madshot.net/fd4d5794a609.png
- and remembering to Update or Publish when you are finished making edits.
IF YOU ARE HAVING ANY TROUBLE EDITING OR ARE UNSURE ABOUT HOW TO PROCEED WITH A REVISION/CHANGE TO THE SITE: Please reach out to your Madwire point of contact and utilize our website design team’s assistance. We work very hard to deliver an optimized site and are more than happy to help you maintain this with any new changes to the site.
HOW TO ADD IMAGES TO A PAGE
1. If you are familiar with HTML and how to embed images using the text editor, this is the recommended way. This ensures proper formatting.
2. The alternate way to do this is to use the Add Media button at the top of the page while in the Visual editor. Screenshot: https://madshot.net/8bd7d513e0af.png
3. You can upload images that you have already uploaded to the media library here. Select the image and select “Insert into Page”. Screenshot: https://madshot.net/4141b719c8de.png
4. After the image is inserted, you can select it to view the image editor. See screenshot: https://madshot.net/04774d78664f.png
HOW TO ADD MENUS
1. Select the Menu editor in the left navigation. Screenshot: https://madshot.net/12fa0c6e4a5e.png
2. From here, you can select either Main, Right, Left or Footer Navigation depending on the set up of your site. From viewing the homepage of the site, it’s easy to see which is right vs. left. (if applicable). Typically, you will select “Main Navigation” from the dropdown options.
Choose which you would like to edit and click select. Screenshot: https://madshot.net/b5c2c012e1c3.png
**Creating a new menu would be for creating custom page and isn’t necessary
3. All pages are visible in the left page menu and can be selected and added to the menu you are editing. Screen shot: https://madshot.net/925a896eea9a.png
4. After this step, you can drag and drop the page to be a main page OR a subpage of an existing navigation link.
5. Don’t forget to ‘Save Menu’!
Please feel free to contact us if you have any in-depth questions about UXi navigation. Thank you, it has been a pleasure working with you!