UXi has several built-in tools to customize the way pages & posts are shared on social media sites like Facebook and Twitter.
Step 1: Add Facebook / Twitter Settings
To start, navigate to UXi Settings and scroll to the Facebook / Twitter section to turn on Open Graph tags. These are custom meta tags added to each page and post that communicate directly with social media sites to customize the content thats shared.
- Check the option to Enable Open Graph Meta Tags.
- Upload a Facebook/Twitter Image. This image will be used whenever a page or post is shared if no other image has been selected in the UXi SEO settings. (see below)
Use images that are at least 1200 x 630 pixels for the best display on high resolution devices. At the minimum, you should use images that are 600 x 315 pixels.
* If your image is smaller than 600 x 315 px, it will still display in the link page post, but the size will be much smaller.
* Try to keep your images as close to 1.91:1 aspect ratio as possible to display the full image in News Feed without any cropping.
Now any URL shared to Facebook or Twitter will have an image accompanying the post on social media.
Note that for the Twitter Card to display and work you have to enable and validate your Twitter Card through the Twitter Card Validator.
- Click Enable Twitter Card Meta Tags.
- Enter Twitter Username
Now any URL shared to Twitter will be posted by this user's twitter account.
Step 2: Customize any individual page or post.
Adding settings to any individual page or post will customize what gets shared.
- Navigate to the Edit Post/Page screen.
- In the UXi SEO section below the content editor, click the General tab
- Edit the Description fields. This will generate the content that's included in the social media post.
Be aware of images in the content!
* If the SEO Description field has no content, Facebook will generate the post from the page content.
* This includes images! If an image is the first element in page content, it's mark-up will be shown in the social media post.
- Click the Social tab.
- Upload or select an image. Please follow the image recommendations for the best results.