Within each form notification, you have the option of configuring additional routing. This is similar to conditional logic, where different events can cause the notification to go to a different recipient.
- First, start by accessing the notification that you want to configure additional routing for.
Hover over Settings > Click Notifications > Select the notification. If you want to create a new notification, simply click the Add New button
- Within the settings for the notification, select Configure Routing, additional options similar to conditional logic will appear.
- Inside the routing configuration, the first thing to do is determine where the notification will be sent if the routing condition is met. Simply enter the email address of the user that you want to send the notification to.
- Next, configure the field that the routing condition will use. To do so, use the dropdown box to select the field that the condition will be based on.
- Now that the field is selected, set the operator used to compare the field and value.
For example, if you only want to send this notification if a particular radio button is checked, you would select is within the operator dropdown. Conversely, if you do not want a notification to be sent when that radio button field is selected, you would use is not.
- Finally, set the value that will be used to compare against the field submission result.
- If using pre-selected options, this will appear as a dropdown.
- If the field is something like a text field where the user will enter their own value, the condition value will appear as a text box.
Within the condition value, enter the value to compare with the submission.
- If conditions need to be added or removed, use the + and – icons to the right of the condition item to either add or remove it.
You can now continue configuring your notification as seen fit. Remember that forms only send notifications when conditions are met, so if you’re having trouble, double-check your settings as there is a high likelihood that a condition simply isn’t matching.