If any UXi form is receiving spam entries, add reCAPTCHA, a free Google service that helps protect forms from spam bots.
For more info on this product, read more here on the reCAPTCHA docs.
1. reCAPTCHA Account
Using the reCAPTCHA feature on a UXi site requires a quick account set-up here : https://www.google.com/recaptcha/intro/v3.html
An account can be created by using a Google account. It's a free service and Google does not have limits on the API usage at this time. To start the process, click the blue Admin Console button at the top right of the welcome screen.
2. Register a New Site & Create reCAPTCHA Keys
Once logged in, Create a new site project by clicking the plus sign + near the top right corner of the dashboard.
- Add a label that will set the site apart from any others.
- Select reCAPTCHA V2.
- Enter the site's URL on one line.
*If the site is still in the mockup phase, enter the mockup URL on another line so the keys will be valid on both domains.
- Accept the Terms & Conditions.
Optional: Select the 'Send alerts to owners' if you'd like to get alerts if Google detects problems with your site, such as misconfigurations or an increase in suspicious traffic
3. Enter reCAPTCHA Keys
Enter keys generated by reCAPTCHA on the Forms Settings Dashboard by hovering over the Gravity Forms option on the admin menu and clicking Settings.
- Paste the Site Key and Secret Key to the corresponding fields
- Once both the site key and secret key are entered, a live reCAPTCHA field will display. Select 'I'm not a robot'
- If your keys are valid -and- the site URL was entered correctly on the reCAPTCHA dashboard, green check marks should display next to the field. If they don't, please re-visit the account to make sure its configured correctly.
4. Adding A CAPTCHA Field
Once the keys are both valid and saved, navigate to the Edit Form screen and add the CAPTCHA field from the Advanced category. Drag it to the correct spot to display in the form. Save the form, and test it by viewing the form in an Incognito window or a separate browser!