Add an icon to a menu item
You can add a Font Awesome icon to appear with a nav menu item. This works in all of the following locations:
- Any nav menu item in Woo360 Theme
- Any theme that has Font Awesome enqueued
- The Page Builder Menu module in both regular page layouts and Themer layouts.
For example, suppose you want to add a shopping cart icon to a menu item labeled Cart, or a star icon next to the account link in the menu as shown in the following screenshot.
Here's how to do it.
Get the Font Awesome icon markup
- Go to http://fontawesome.io/icons/, select the icon you want, and click it.
- Copy the HTML markup from the page that opens.
The aria-hidden attribute is for accessibility requirements for screen readers.
Paste the markup into the menu item
- In the WordPress admin panel, click Appearance > Menus.
- Click the down arrow next to your Cart menu item (or whatever menu item you're using) to open its properties.
- In the Navigation Label field, paste the Font Awesome HTML markup before or after the Cart text, depending on where you want the icon to appear, as shown in this screenshot:
- Click Save menu.
The icon should now appear next to your menu item.