The Marketing360 Form builder is a great way to build fully customized forms that integrate seamlessly with the Marketing360 CRM.
If the form has already been created and all you need to do is add it to a site, click here to skip to step 3: Adding the form to a Websites360 site.
Step 1: Log-in to the CRM Form Builder Dashboard
- Log-in to the CRM account at https://mymarketing360.com/#/login.
- From the black admin menu at the top of the screen, click Account.
- Then click CRM Settings from the grey settings menu.
- On the CRM Settings dashboard, select the Contact Sources tab.
- Next, find the correct Contact Source from the list and click Configure. To learn more about creating Contact Sources, read the full documentation here.
- Click the Contact Forms tab, then click the Form Fields tab to start building your form.
Step 2: Build The Form
Click the Contact Forms tab to start building a form that will send entry data to the account's Contact Fields.
- From the Available Fields menu, select the CRM form field and click +Add. This selection determines where the new form field will save the user's data in the CRM. (If the appropriate fields have not been created yet, reach out to the Platform Advisor.)
Now it's time to create the form fields. Use the Configure Form Field Schema pop-up window that displays to configure the form field.
Enter a label for the field, then select a position for the label to display.
Field Display Options (optional):
Enter a description for the form field. Please note: For security reasons, we are not able to allow HTML in these fields.
Enter placeholder text that will display in the field before the user enters a value. To keep the form functional for all users, do not rely on placeholders instead of visible labels.
Add custom CSS class(es). If more than one CSS class is needed, separate them with a space. Do not use a comma.
Field Validation Rules (optional):
If you'd like to force the user to fill out the field, select the Required option.
If there is a maximum amount of characters a user can submit, limit the amount of characters a user can submit by entering a Max Length.
If there is a minimum amount of characters a user can submit, enter a Min Length.
To display a customized error message when requirements are not met, enter a Custom Error Message.
Lastly, if specific formatting is needed, enter a Pattern (leave this blank if you're not familiar with regular expressions.)
- Form Label:
- Once the form fields are configured, the next step is setting up a 'Thank You' page that users will see when they successfully submit a form. Click the Thank You Page tab to configure these options.
Thank You Page
- To send users to a specific URL after their submission, enter the URL of the 'Thank You Page' you'd like to use.
- If you'd rather display a simple message to the user after their submission, leave the Redirect URL field blank and enter a title and message in the Inline Message section.
- If custom CSS classes were used on any form fields, define the properties here.
- To send notification email(s) when a user submits a form, add the recipient's name and email address, then click + Add Notification.
Edit any existing notification by click the Edit link next to the notification in the Existing Notifications list.
Delete any existing notification by click the Trash Can link next to the notification in the Existing Notifications list.
Once the form is fully configured, it's time to add it to a website! To do this, click the Embed Code tab in the MadCRM dashboard.
- Click Copy to Clipboard.
- Navigate to the Websites360 Content dashboard and find the appropriate page.
- Add an HTML block, then Paste the code, and click Save.
- Publish your update using the green button at the top right of the dashboard.
Step 4: Submission Rules
Use this section to determine exactly how the new contact will be added to the CRM.
- In the first dropdown field, select a Contact Type for the new contact in the CRM.
- Select the status that will be assigned to the new contact. (Optional)
Select who the contact will be assigned to. (Optional)
If the option, "Round robin", is selected, contacts will be mapped to selected assignees, one at time. For example, if three assignees are selected, the first contact created through this source will be assigned to the first assignee, the second contact to the second assignee, the third contact to the third assignee, and the fourth contact back to the first; and then the process will be repeated.
- Select what tags will be assigned to the new contact. (Optional)
Duplicate Submission Rules
Use this section to determine what happens if a user submits the form more than once. These settings are all optional
- Click Enable to update an existing contact if they resubmit their information through this source.
- Select a Contact Type to use when a contact resubmits their information. Then select whether the new type should be added to the existing settings, or replace it instead.
- Select a Contact Status to use when a contact resubmits their information.Then select whether the new status should be added to the existing settings, or replace it instead.
- Select a Tag to use when a contact resubmits their information. Next, select whether the new tag should be added to the existing settings, or replace it instead.
More Duplicate Submission Settings
Select whether or not to overwrite mapped fields with values from duplicate submissions. This is also an optional setting.
Leaving this setting checked means that a duplicate submission can overwrite the values of the fields mapped to this source. Otherwise a history item is simply created, and any possible change to individual fields is ignored.